Its been a while and Happy PA week!

First I want to apologize for not updating this since school started. When I started this blog, I wanted to journal every day..while I am sure it is possible, and I have seen it done, it's not possible for me. My sincerest apologies for not updating this sooner.

I am in my 6th week of PA school. So far, we have had 14 tests. This month alone we have 14 tests. We have 5 exams next week alone. School keeps me busy but I am still trying to fit in as much "free time" as possible to give me time to keep me sane. PAs that have been through school have always said study study study. However, they also mention to still take time and do things that are fun and for yourself. Yesterday alone was a 12 hour school day for me, and then we had a big neuroanatomy test today. A fellow classmate and I studied from about 9pm to 2:15am, then slept, and woke back up at 6. This would probably be the least amount of sleep I have gotten in the semester thus far.

PA school is hard, and you do study a lot, but it is do-able. There have been some times that I thought I couldn't jam my brain with any more information. However, I also know that I want to LEARN the information so it stays in my brain. I am not studying to cram or memorize to just forget about it 2 weeks later--Each test builds on the previous one.

For those pre-PAs out there who read this, I will give you an idea of what our week consists of.
Mondays: 10-5 Physical Diagnosis, Physiology, and Microbiology
Tuesdays: 9-9pm Anatomy, Problem based learning, PA role, and anatomy Lab
Wednesdays-Pharmacology, Neuro, physiology (we are just finishing up pharmacology for the semester so we are gaining some time there).
Thursday: 9-4 Anatomy and Physical Diagnosis Lab
Friday 9-12 (half day!) Anatomy and Microbiology

Our weeks are definitely busy, so it leaves for all of your free time to study. I study with a group of girls normally. For me, studying with a group helps because we are able to not only quiz each other, but sometimes, one of us may forget to study a certain aspect of what we are being quizzed on. Our tests are online, normally around 30-50 questions and timed. We get a minute and half per question, just like you would on the PANCE board exam.

I hope everyone is getting some great interview dates and maybe I will be seeing some people soon!

Stay strong, and stay focused!! If you are meant to be in PA school, it will happen!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments