I got pimped

So when I first started reading about "pimping," I was not yet accepted into PA school. I thought what in the world does that mean? Getting pimped by a preceptor is when he/she will ask you medical questions. Sometimes you will know what they are talking about, and other times you will have no idea what they are asking. If you don't know just say, "I don't know but I will have the answer for you by tomorrow."

I got pimped for the first time last week by one of my preceptors. I thought I knew that answer, but I happened to be wrong. I was embarrassed at first, but then I got over the embarrassment because I realized there are going to be many more questions I don't know the answer to. Psych is going well, and I have some amazing people that are in the practice.

Everyone is so kind at the hospital and greet you or wave hello. The nurses are helpful and will show me things if I ask them where something is. Im learning as I go. So far I have been able to see patients on my own, write progress notes, and dictate.

I am very thankful and have been happy with this rotation. I only have 4 weeks left, and I will be sad to say goodbye to the people I have gotten to know.

Soldiers, firefighters, police and other public servants show great courage every day. They may feel fearful at times, but they overcome their fear and act with bravery and assurance when others are in need.

I give thanks for these heroes, past and present, who courageously performed their duties at great personal risk. I know that God is with them, now and always, just as God is with me.

Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and gave him strength.--Luke 22:43

Remembering 9/11/01

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments