Why I wanted to be a PA
When I was younger, I would often play with the kids in the neighborhood with my Hello Kitty purse around my neck. In it, I carried miscellaneous themed band-aids and a bottle of Bactine to treat anyone who fell down and was hurt. As I grew older, I would often follow my father who is an orthopedic surgeon on his rounds. I remember the pure excitement I felt when I shadowed my father for the first time in surgery. I quickly realized I not only felt very comfortable in the medical environment, but had also found the missing piece of my life. Shadowing my father was good, and quite rewarding, but not nearly enough.
My motivation for becoming a physician assistant (PA) has solidified over the years of clinical experience, and my recent trip to the Dominican Republic. I have a passion for serving those in need of help and alleviating the suffering that people endure. I want to be a PA because this profession would encompass all of the things I desire in a career. I enjoy helping people and this profession will allow me to help not only individuals but also make a difference in the community.
0 comments:
Post a Comment