1st Semester Done!

Wednesday the 16th was the end of my first semester. I can't believe it. The semester really did fly by. I stayed strong through the semester, but by the time finals week came around, I was just exhausted. Finals week we had 5 finals in three days. 2 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday. The last few weeks of school were busy. I was studying for exams and also decided to participate in the Nutcracker. I didn't think I would be able to dance while I was in PA school, but I made the time to do it and I am happy that I did. It feels good just to get out on the stage and forget about anatomy and physiology for a while. Dancing in general just makes me happy.

Next semester consists of:

Pharmacology II
Medical Pathophysiology
Human Behavior and Psyche
Physical Diagnosis II
Surgical Principles
Genetics
Trilogy course which consists of OB-GYN, Geriatrics, and Peds

There are 16 weeks in the 2nd semester and 10 weeks in the summer semester. I know it is going to go by fast, but I am prepared for the road ahead of me. The 2nd years say the rotation year is much much better. I have enjoyed this semester...ok maybe not so much the 45 exams, but I have enjoyed learning a lot of it.

Right now we are on holiday break which we get 3 weeks total. It is a really nice break but I am already feeling anxious like I should be studying for something. I am trying not to think about it by just spending time with my family. My sister and her husband came down from Chicago with my two nephews. One nephew is 3 years old and the other just turned 3 months today. It is the first time I have met my youngest nephew who is such a sweetheart.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a merry christmas. Lets all remember what this holiday is about! Below is a picture of my baby nephew and me. :)

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments