Dissolving Friendships
I am sure some of you are wondering what the title has to do with PA school. Hopefully, I can express my feelings well enough that will tie it all together.
Since PA school, I am amazed by the friendships I have lost but also gained. I had friends going into school that I figured would give me the most support-- only to find they really could care less. Or, they would say "well, I figured you were so busy that you wouldn't have time to talk." PA school is busy, but it doesn't mean I don't have time for friends or to sit down and talk. It's sad that friends disappear when you become busy with something like PA school. Do I like studying all the time..No. Do I have to study all the time? Yes. Is this a time where I need friends and support the most? It sure is.
My father and mother always said that I will go through life only being able to count my closest friends on one hand. I truly believe that. These are not just friends you can call up on a whim. But, friends that you can trust with out a doubt and who will be there for you through the good and bad times.
In November, I was going through some personal stuff in my life. I fortunately have made one good friend in my class who I can trust with out a doubt. You see, most of the people in my class are married or have significant others so they spend their time with their significant others. I was fortunate to have my friend by my side. She listened to me cry, listened to me complain, did her best to make me laugh and I am so thankful for her.
Lastly, I also have to thank my family. Family will always be there for you. Even when those friendships do dissolve. They have supported me through PA school every step of the way so far.
0 comments:
Post a Comment