Restless
I can't sleep right now. In the back of my mind, I know I need to start going to bed earlier since school will be starting up again on the 10th. I don't even stay up this late when I am IN school.
I can't believe time is winding down and soon, I will be in full swing for the semester. 16 weeks, then another 10 for summer, then rotations-YIKES! In 8 short months I will be rotating which is so hard to believe. I wonder what knowledge and progression this semester will lead me to? I know we will start to learn casting, and venipuncture, and suturing this upcoming semester. I bought my suture supplies today off of amazon so I can practice.
I wonder, once I am out of school, how well the total 27 months will prepare me for the real world? I know that being a PA will be an ongoing learning process for the rest of my life. I have no doubt about that. However, I really wonder what my first job out of school will be, how well will I be at it, will I cave under pressure, will the doctor trust and rely on me? All these questions run through my mind.
I can only hope that I will be a compassionate, empathetic PA who listens to her patients and takes the time to help them. I don't want to just be good at my profession, but someone the doctor and patients can trust and rely on and keeping a smile on my face the whole time while doing just that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment