Two Handed One Handed Tie
Sutures. Who doesn't want to learn sutures? Anyone who is in the medical profession gets excited when it comes to learning sutures. I really enjoyed this class.
Last week, we were taught how to suture two pieces of masking tape together. I am sure some of you in PA school are saying, "What? masking tape? What about pigs feet or chickens?" Supposedly, previous students at my school had mentioned to the faculty that they would have liked to have more practice on sutures before rotations. So, they decided to start making those changes with my class.
We learned a simple interrupted suture and a simple running suture. We also learned one handed tie and a two handed tie. I took two pictures for your blog enjoyment. The first one is of my first run of sutures. You may not be able to tell but they accidentally gave me clear sutures then I switched to black. The next picture is of the whole setup and her first run. Thanks to my neighbor in class. Big shout out to her! :)
By the way, we will be practicing later on within the semester on pigs feet. ;) Just haven't gotten there yet.


4 comments:
OK, I tried sending another message to you through the "contact me" connection. Please let me know if it doesn't get to you.
Darryl
Darryl, I did not receive anything which is very odd. Write your email and I will contact you. :)
Darryl, I got your 3rd try for the Kontact! I deleted your email from above for your privacy :) I will be contacting you back via email soon!
Post a Comment