Venipuncture, Intubation, Spring Break, and all that good stuff!
It has been a while since I have updated. Sorry for such the long break in posts. I wanted to write about a few things and I will start off with Venipuncture. A few weeks back, we had a venipuncture lab. I was really excited to do this because it was the first time I would be performing the procedure with a 21 gage needle. Normally, I have used a butterfly needle, which I wrote about prior. I have to say, the guys who have the biggest veins in the class, were the biggest babies about getting their arms pricked with a needle. While many of the girl offered both arms for people to practice on. My first prick was on my best friend in the class. No one was successful in getting a vein on her. This was actually the first time I wasn't successful in drawing blood. I decided to try again a second time another classmate and was successful.
Before spring break, we learned intubation. They said if we were successful on intubating a dummy in physical diagnosis class, we would be successful in real life. They said it was harder to intubate on the dummy than a real live person. I was successful in intubating an adult and infant. It was really cool to do intubation just because I have seen it so many times from watching rescue 911 as a kid, and then trauma in the ER when I was older. I can't wait to practice more so I will feel more comfortable. Sorry I have no pictures from that lab.
We just got back from Spring break. It was much needed for many of us in the class. I went to the beach with my friend, saw the holocaust museum, went shoe shopping (woowho) went to a boat show, went home for a few days to see my family, relaxed, slept in, and ate good food. It was a great spring break and I was so happy to have some time off from school.
0 comments:
Post a Comment