2nd Semester almost done...WOW

Today at 1:00 will be the mark of my Easter break! After we come back, we have a week of class then finals! 2 weeks and 9 exams stand in my way of 2nd semester being done! Wow. Seriously everyone, it goes by so fast. I feel like I just started this 2nd semester.


This semester has been quite interesting to say the least. I feel in a way im in so many classes that I can't keep up with what day I have a certain class. We have crunched in a lot of subjects. Pathophysiology has included Cardio, Pulmonary, Renal, and Hematology. My trilogy course has included: Geriatrics, OBGYN, and Peds. Add on to that pharm II, Physical Diagnosis II, Human behavior and psychology, and surgical principles.

We are getting to the point where new information is coming in, some old information arises, and you search your brain for old pieces to piece together with the new ones.

I have to say that by this time in school, I teach myself a lot of the information. Sure, I listen in class, but a lot of it is self taught too. I have definitely learned my limits as to when I need to study, or what I will learn in a certain amount of time. As I have said before, it is important to take time to yourself while your in PA school. If you study study study all the time, you will go crazy. I think every student goes through this phase.

The most stressful times for me are finals week. I am always on the brink of receiving an A in the class or have an A and have a chance of losing it. In the end, grades dont really matter. As long as you pass, you are golden. Of course you dont want C's across the board. I know at my school we have a probation period if you get below a certain GPA. So therefore, you want to at least get A's and B's. But like I said, grades in the end dont matter. When you pass the PANCE (your boards), jobs dont ask for your transcripts or grades.

Next blog will be about talking to the staff about rotations (very weird to be at that stage already) and also will be about finals week.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments