My First FAPA Meeting

Yesterday, was my first FAPA meeting and what a delight it was! I attended the meeting with my mentor. We listened to a Pulmonologist speak about asthma and the different types of steroids and/or inhalers a patient should use.

I am glad I went and will continue to do so once I am in school. I think it is a great opportunity for PAs and PA students and even physicians to attend these meetings. Not only are you able to network, but you are able to meet fellow PA students. What an awesome opportunity.

I also wanted to touch base that I think every PA school should have a mentor/mentee program. At school we are assigned mentors from the class above us. This is so if we have any questions, we can ask them at any time and they will answer us. Not only do the mentor/mentee's help each other out but you also can lean on them in a time of need once school starts. How cool is that?

My mentor is awesome and I couldn't me more thankful for her! She has set me straight and has answered all and any of my questions whenever I needed.

posted under , |

1 comments:

Brandi said...

Hi Ashleigh! I found your blog on PA Forum and I'm so excited to be able to communicate with REAL LIVE PA's. I'd love to speak with you in more depth. If you have time, email me. Thanks! And, Happy New Year to you!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments