Stethoscope

I received my stethoscope yesterday in all of its glory-- in the known Littman cardboard box.

I decided to order a Littman Cardiology III stethoscope in plumb color with my name engraved on the tubing. We were told to wait until we received our mentors from the class above us to discuss our supplies but I knew I wanted this steth and I did a lot of reading about it.

I compared the Littman S.E II and the Cardiology III. The only "downfalls" of the III, if you really want to call them downfalls, was that people said it was 1. heavy 2. you heard every little noise.

The SE II is lighter and less costly but I guess you don't hear as much acoustically compared with the III.

Either way I went with the III because I don't/wont mind a heavy stethoscope and secondly why would I not want to hear every little noise of the human body. How awesome is that?

Here she is..and yes she is beautiful! :) :)

posted under |

2 comments:

Maria said...

Ashleigh, I am getting ready to apply to PA school and I am currently working as a xray/ma and my boyfriend just bought me this stethoscope (same color too)! He got it early to help reduce costs and so I can get used to it. It is amazing the doctor at the urgent care facility I work at loves to borrow it! My boyfriend got it engraved on the bell (had to do it at the manufacture so it doesn't effect the acoustics). It was engraved with my initials and Faith Hope and Love. It is my favorite, and it reminds me with every patient to be compassionate.

Maria said...

For some reason the website is not emailing me the message from you. Or allowing me to use the "contact me" feature. Feel free to forward it to my email address, walshmc.rt@gmail.com.
Thanks

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments