Shame on me
Shame on me for not updating since July 20th. I will hit all the major points that have happened since finals week.
Finals week-what a doozy. 6 finals in 3 days. I did well on all my finals, got A's on all of them except for emergency medicine which I got a B on. I ended up getting 8 A's and 1 B. I was happy with the outcome of the year. I can't believe that my didactic year is over. It felt so good to just be done with school work...I honestly still cant believe it. I know I wrote about the mock boards aka PACK-RAT. We had that the finals before finals. I ended up scoring a little above average which makes me feel more secure about the real boards--PANCE. Especially when I haven't even done rotations yet.
Vacation- I had a lovely vacation with my parents in siesta key. It was wonderful to have nothing to think about and nothing to do. We dined and wined and and had some beach time. There was also a ballroom competition in the hotel the whole week I was there. Overall, it was a much needed time off and I enjoyed every second of it.
Medical Spanish- We had a week of medical spanish. 8 hours a day for the whole week. By the end of the week we had to be able to ask a whole history in spanish. We also needed to be able to do 15 physical commands, and educate our patient in spanish about nutrition, stroke identification, taking their pulse, and how to reduce their stress. It was overwhelming at first because I haven't had a lick of spanish. By Friday, I was able to do what I needed to do, and pulled off an A in the class.
Clinical Orientation- Our first week was last week, and I can't say this week was the most exciting week of my life. It was a lot of talking, and being read to. Lets be honset, I can read, I am a big girl, but thanks Uni for reading to me. During the last couple days we got to do casting, IVs, Caths, and Respirators. I will post the pictures below.
I start rotations on the 29th! I can't believe it. I am not really nervous but excited. I think the Lord is just calming my heart and keeping me focused on learning as much as possible. This is the time to learn, time to enjoy, and time to evolve into a better future physician assistant!
Enjoy the pictures!! :)





0 comments:
Post a Comment