Day 275
Due to request, I am going to start writing more about my days in PA school. It might seem mundane to other PA people, but they will get over it.
I am still in shock over Cory's death. Still grieving and can't believe that he is really gone. I wasn't able to make it to the funeral but I will one day go and visit his grave site in Louisiana. I'm trying to deal with it the best way I know...and that is just prayer. I will NEVER get over his death but I will get through it.
It is summer semester now, 11 weeks of class. That is all..then rotations. I still have no idea where they will send me for rotations but I know it is in Gods hands.
Today we had Emergency Medicine and Problem Based Learning aka PBL.
Emergency Medicine is a 3 hour class. Todays lectures included: Syncope (loss of consciousness), Chest pain, and Endocrine. Endocrine is not my favorite and a lot of students find it hard..I will have to agree with most of the students.
Problem Based Learning...oh there is so much I could say about this class. This is our third semester of this class. We break up into groups of four and work on a case scenario. Some days I like it, and some days I hate it. I like working together with people, but it isn't always that everyone participates. Also, it depends on the professor that is presenting the case they may make it more work than it really should be. This week we had to write an entire SOAP note. A little difficult especially if you actually seen the patient or done an actual physical. Plus you are writing it with 3 other people.
Anyways, I have got to run, I just scarfed down my dinner and want to run to church service. I need some Jesus time. I have also got to go over some power points for my pathophysiology exam that is on Monday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment