One Month Ago Today

One month ago today, I lost my ex to a motorcycle accident. There isn't a day that goes by that I dont think about him. I miss him terribly. "I believe in my heart that God has a reason for everything that happens in our life whether it be good or bad. God permits us to go through many trials that we may look to Him for healing and comfort. We are to glorify His name through the healing." -Cory. Missing you angel ♥

I have started to miss him more and more this past week. Even when he was alive, we didn't talk every day. That was okay though. It was understood he was in a new relationship, and I respected that. But, it doesn't mean that I ever stopped caring for him. I will always always have a place for Cory in my heart because I loved him.

I go on and try to not be sad because I know he is in heaven and that puts me at peace. There were many conversations that Cory and I had about death because he had cancer. I know he wasn't afraid of death. I know that he looked forward to the day he would go and live with Jesus in heaven. I know he is happy there, free of pain, chemo, and cancer.

I am in my 6th week of summer semester. The semester is a total of 10 weeks plus 3 days of finals. Wow, i'm less than half way there!


We have three exams this week: Pathophysiology: Endocrine, PA Role II, and Radiology. I have already taken my Endocrine exam, which I was dreading. Endocrine is one of my least favorite subjects. I do have to say, the book Pathophysiology made easy is a great book. It really dummies down the subject for you which I appreciate...because I feel like such a dummy when I am learning endocrinology.

As for the other exams, we shall see. The professor for radiology is a very fast teacher. He goes through 200+ slides in an hour and half. I barely get the chance to even understand the picture before he moves on to the next slide.

I know it is only tuesday, but I'm ready to start making some weekend plans.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments