Day 289 and I'm tired!!

These summer classes are brutally long. It is hard for me to pay attention for 3 hours. Sometimes we will have two 3 hour classes back to back with a break in between. We also will have pathophysiology II either 3 or 4 times a week which is just a lot to handle.

I have found myself taking naps when I get home after school. I am not sure if its because classes mostly start at 8 am in the summer, or if I am physically or just emotionally exhausted from all the things that have happened the last few weeks. I am sure it's a combination of both.

We had two exams this week. Pharmacology III and Physical Diagnosis III. I did well on both. I got a mere 5 hours of sleep last night, so I am just looking forward to getting out of school and running some errands. I need to start my study guides for the 3 exams we have next week.

I went home this past weekend to see my parents, and will actually be going again for fathers day. Luckily the drive is only 2 hours. During these drives, I either let my brain rest, or I listen to the lectures via my laptop. I gets one less lecture I have to listen to while sitting at home. This past weekend when I was home we were assigned to do an epidemiology exam. The class just started last week, and will only last 3 weeks total. I kept reminding myself to do the exam, but got lost in my tracks of doing laundry, packing, and doing the drive back home. It wasn't until the next day that I realized I forgot. I couldn't believe I had forgotten to take an exam. Luckily, one exam grade is dropped, so I will be dropping my 0. I was upset, but you can't cry over spilled milk right?

Thursday, we are learning how to gown and glove. Hopefully, I will have pictures for you all to see. :)

posted under , |

1 comments:

Sarah G said...

I hear you- 9 hour lecture days are not doing me well!

Sorry to hear about the zero, but you have the right attitude. It is over now and we have to move on.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments