Are you still dancing? And Day 281
This is a question that someone recently asked me in my blog. The answer is yes and no. It depends on the time of the year actually. I graduated from Univ of Tampa, where I was a dance minor. The school has 4 shows a year 2 in the fall, 2 in the spring. Being that I am an alumni, I still get to participate in these shows. I'm sure I could take classes still too, but those often happen during the day while I am in class. The last show I did was in February of this year. Before that, I danced a show in November. I did a ballet piece and I jazz/tap piece. I was stressed about it because I also had 4 exams in the same week of the show. I was in class 8 hrs a day then rehearsal 3 hrs a night then had a test the next morning. I only made a few of the dress rehearsal due to the study time I needed. One choreographer was totally understanding, the other not so much. I love performing, and I think it is probably something I will never get tired of. I will actually be going to the studio on Wednesday to choreograph a dance in memory of Cory's death. I haven't quite decided on the song yet, but I am definitely looking forward to dancing with one of my male dancer friends and just dancing for Cory.
This is our 4th week in for the summer semester, only 7 weeks left of didactic...Crazy! This week is our first week we have had exams since the semester started...a very rare thing. Normally, we start having exams 2 weeks in.
Monday, we had a pathophysiology exam that covered mostly GI problems. Malabsorption problems, Irritable Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Peptic ulcer disease, Duodenal ulcers, gastric ulcers, Gallstones, pancreatitis, cirrhosis, and the list goes on. I got an A on the exam, so that made me happy.
Today, we had our pharmacology III quiz over mental health drugs. We normally have a pharmacology quiz every week or 2. There is a total of 4 quizzes, you can drop your lowest quiz grade, then you take the final which I believe is 40% of your grade and around 50 questions. Since we are in pharm III now, and it is the same pharmacologist that teaches it, you know how he asks questions so you can prepare yourself for the exams. Like I said in the previous post, for Pharm II final, I had 18 pages of drug names...not fun!
Tomorrow, I have emergency medicine, which I am worried about, because I haven't even began to study...remember one test at a time...but I am still a little skeptical of how much my brain will hold on 5 hrs of sleep.
One more thing, I went zip lining on Sunday for my best friend in the class birthday! We had so much fun--I will have to post pictures/video.
0 comments:
Post a Comment