AAPA & FAPA

On Friday, I received a package from the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)--I joined about two weeks ago along with Florida Academy of Physician Assistants (FAPA). For those who know nothing about these organizations, I would encourage you to take a look at their website. They have great articles, symposiums, and just general information about PAs. They also have a great student rate if you are already accepted into a school and the membership lasts the entire time you are in school. I paid $75 for AAPA and $50 for FAPA.

You would think I was a little girl in a candy store when I got my package from the AAPA. I received some brochures, a pin, and a maxwell quick reference guide!! I thought "Yes!!! The first things to go on and in my white coat." Plus the maxwell reference guide has a pocket eye chart on the back, something that is required from our supply list.

So what is Maxwell quick reference guide you may ask? It is only described as your medical bible. It has six different sections in the book and it is very small and lightweight. The red section is for ACLS Algorithms. The orange section is for labs, drug levels, fluids, equations, tubes, unit conversions. The yellow section is how to write notes. The green section is for delivery notes, APGAR scoring, glucose tolerance, etc. The blue section is for history and physical exam. The purple is for a neuro exam, mental status exam, glasgow coma scale and dermatome maps.

Little things amuse me..what can I say? :)



PS: Happy Mother's Day!!!

posted under , |

1 comments:

Tom said...

The pin is neat, but it doesn't stay on my coat. I had it on the lapel, and just above the pocket, and on the pocket- any time I stood up, it snagged on something, and fell off. So now it resides in my pocket.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Do You Think This Blog Can Improve?

Followers

About Me

About Me
My name is Ashleigh and I am 27 years old starting the next chapter of my life. I attended PA school to become a physician assistant and graduated in December 2012. I am a daughter, a sister, a dancer, and compassionate about medicine and people. I love helping others and I can't wait to start this journey.

About this Blog

If you are just curious about a Physician Assistant (PA), or looking to be a PA, then you were just like me in the past.

I always knew I wanted to be in the medical profession, but I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go with it. Did I want to be a doctor? Not really, I knew 8 more years of school was not for me.

I will be creating a blog for the every day life of a physician assistant. From studying, to stressing, to sleeping, to crying, to helping patients, to rotations, to every day life, and how I got there and through it.

I really look forward to this and can't wait to see what happens.


Recent Comments